Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thank you

Around 8 weeks I started the lovely morning sickness. Boy was I in for a treat! For the next two months I just wanted to die. I still don't understand why they call it "morning sickness". It should be called "all day, every day, so bad that you want to drown yourself in the toilet you're throwing up in, sickness". I landed myself in the ER twice and after a follow up appt I was admitted into the hospital - all for dehydration. Turns out I'm one of the lucky ones diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum (aka: throwing up 15 times a day). I tried everything I could to help make it better...ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger everything, soda crackers, motherhood maternity suckers, plain toast, the medication Zofran, etc. Nothing worked. The best was when you would tell someone that you’ve tried everything and then they would say, “But did you try saltine crackers, those should do the trick”. Really?!?! OMG! I’m so glad that I ran into you because I NEVER would have thought to try the most obvious thing. But thank you for pointing that out. I’ll race right home and try that. Ugh! But I digress…
I wanted to say THANK YOU to my wonderful husband (this is my favorite picture of him...awwww). It has been probably the worst two months of my life and I couldn’t have gotten through it without him. Don’t get me wrong…I was beyond excited to be pregnant. But while I was in the depths of what it brings, I won’t lie, there were moments that I questioned “what the heck did I get myself into?” But Eddy was right there with me doing all that he could to make it a better experience. Whenever he wasn’t at work, he was right there next to me rubbing my back while I was puking away. He did everything he could to make me laugh at least once a day and constantly reminded me that in the end it will all be worth it! I’m so glad that I married this wonderful man and I know he’ll be the greatest father a child could have.
I also wanted to say thank you to the dear friends I’ve made in the short time I’ve been here in TX. While Eddy was at work they would bring me food, clean my house, or just stop by to check up on me. Military wives are an amazing group of ladies that go out of their way to help each other out. I’m so glad that I’ve met them!

No comments:

Post a Comment