Friday, September 7, 2012

I'm pregnant!!!!!

On Saturday night Eddy and I had some friends over. In the middle of playing our board game I laid down on the couch and fell asleep. It was only around 7pm but I slept through the night and didn't wake up till 10am the next morning. My first thought was, "I must be getting sick since something is going around." I fell back asleep and woke up an hour later. Now if you know me...you know I LOVE my sleep. But this was a little ridiculous. I went into my cupboard and took a pregnancy test, really just for fun. But it immediately came out positive. I started screaming for Eddy to come look. He ran in and saw the test. He said, "Does that say what I think it says?". But I couldn't even answer....I was still screaming and jumping around for joy. He picked me up, twirled me around, then threw me on the bed. You would think he would have been a little more careful with a newly pregnant woman. ;) But we both just started laughing and I told him we had to go to Target right away. We ended up buying four more boxes of pregnancy test (each box included 2-3 tests) and rushed back home to take them all. I only ended up taking 7 tests total that day and I really wish I got a picture. By this time we just sat on the bed in total silence letting it settle in. We were going to be parents!!!! We were actually going to be responsible for another human being. Whoa! I ended up taking a pregnancy test every morning for about two weeks just to make sure the little monster was still in there and it didn't disappear during the night. A little crazy, I know. But every morning I would take the test and then cry like a baby that it was actually happening.
So it was official. On June 24, 2012 Eddy and I found out we were expecting our first child....and we couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment