Thursday, December 6, 2012

26 weeks

I've been horrible with posting pics but I'm going to try and catch up today. So much has happened since Halloween. I got the stomach flu 3 times, went back to the hospital for dehydration, took a marriage retreat with Eddy to Cloudcroft New Mexico with the Army, and spent a fabulous Thanksgiving with Eddy's parents (thanks again for making the trip Mom and Dad!!!). Thanksgiving was great. We spent it at the Tubb's house since they were in town as well and ate our hearts out. I made my favorite dish - Sweet Pot Casserole. It's the recipe from Ruth Chris Steakhouse and it's AH-MAZING! Just google the recipe and I promise you won't be sorry. Unfortunately I didn't take weekly pics during all this fun so it skips from Halloween to Thanksgiving.
HOW FAR ALONG: 26 WEEKS
WEIGHT GAIN: 12 lbs. – 175 total. I’ve never weighed this much in my life so I sort of freaked out when I saw that number on the scale. It’s only going to go up from here so I better get used to high numbers.
SLEEP: I get up at least 5 times a night to pee. It’s starting to get hard finding a comfortable position and switching positions almost puts me out of breath. Not to mention the restless legs. So sleep isn’t the best right now.
MOVEMENT: I swear she’s doing aerobics in there and getting stronger every day with her kicks. But I love it!
FOOD CRAVINGS: Ice…and lots of it. I chew on ice all day, every day.
STILL SICK: Having the stomach flu 3 times really put me in a depressed mood for a while. I felt like I was back in my first trimester. But luckily each time I got the flu it never lasted more than 4 days.
SYMPTOMS: I get a pain on my right side at the top of my belly. Apparently Lizzy loves hanging out only on my right side so it pulls on those muscles and gives me a burning feeling…like an indian burn on those muscles. I noticed too that you can tell she loves the right side because my stomach looks deformed with my right side sticking out further than my left. It’s funny…
GENDER: Girl! We got her car seat and jogging stroller delivered and I can’t wait to use it!
MOOD: So happy to meet this little girl but so over being pregnant. I really hope these last few weeks go by fast!
LOOKING FORWARD TO: Christmas and moving into our new home. It’s taking housing forever so I have no clue when that will finally happen but hopefully soon.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Briana!! I sneaked into this blog via Kera's blog. I am so happy for you both...well, I guess I should say "all three of you."

    Grannie (Glover)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your baby bump looks even bigger than it did just a few weeks ago at Thanksgiving. Amazing! You're doing really well. Hang in there; Lizzy will be making her debut soon.

    ReplyDelete